About Me

Off to college at 17, working full time, going to school full time, trying to date, and figuring out just how to grow up without getting even crazier... One day at a time. What a blessed life!

Monday, March 7, 2011

Box Making and Lessons in Gravity

Good morning! Happy Monday!

Whooo... Anybody have a rough night? 
I wish I had an extra day every week, just to sleep.

It's funny (in an interesting, not a 'haha' sort of way) how busy we've become as a nation. We have to be to work early, leave late, bring work home, go out with friends, run a million errands, and still make time for ourselves. 

Personally, I think it's silly.

 
I'm just really grateful for what I have. (legs, mornings, eyes, hair, a job, school, bagels)

Now, funny story: (in a haha way, this time)

I woke up at 7:37. Usually I'm out the door by 7:41... Today was no different! 
I'm pretty boss when it comes to up and out in record time.  But I was still rushed. That might have something to do with...

Before work today, I was coming down Rob's stairs, after dropping off his keys I had from last night. (I figured he'd need them today. Go figure...) So I dropped them in his mailbox and turned, hurrying to catch the train that takes me to work. My bag was slung over my shoulder, my kitten heels supporting my weight, the cool morning air swirling all around. I whirled around, took a step down the stairs, and SWOOSH! next thing I know I'm sitting on the concrete with my legs in strange directions. I remember my arms flailing and rolling down the stairs in a very flamboyant way, doing all I could to keep my skirt down to avoid flashing the entire neighborhood. I'm not sure how successful that part was. My orange (breakfast) was rolling away, but I couldn't stop to regain my orange or my composure. The train was coming closer! I hopped up, realizing my shin would be quite a work of art--the magenta scrapes dancing across the green-blue-purple bruise--by the end of the day. 
Gosh it'll hurt to shave. 
So I ran to the train, practically dove through the doors, and then just stood there for the whole six-minute ride feeling hopelessly judged. There I was: this awkward teenager, her hair a mess, smears of mud and grass down her legs, and I'm sure, looking totally flustered. I got into work, said Good Morning in my usual sing-song voice, and then... my day began.

So that was quite possibly the highlight of my day.I really wish there was a video camera. it was fantastic.

I should probably blog more often--I feel like my posts are long.


But some little blessings:
  • I did wake up at 7:37, instead of 7:45, or 8:11. Heavenly Father was watching over me.
  • I might be moving to an ADORABLE little apartment that's really close to work. 
  • I have a 97.5% in my Business Law class. (Some others, not quite that high, but I'm working on them)
  • Victoria's coming for spring break really, really soon! Hooray!
  • And March had been a monumental month so far. I'm on a journey of discovery, and I love it!


Learn from my example and keep your feet under you!

4 comments:

  1. Did you ever know that you're my hero?

    Cheesy line from an even cheesier song? Definitely.

    True, every whit? Even more definite. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, I LOVE the new file folder background!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, Rob you're so nice to her. Akira, I can feel your pain. A few weeks ago, I was walking to school and slipped in the parking lot. My feet literally flew out from under me. I skidded through parking lot grime, coating my favorite pair of jeans. But I changed and got to class on time anyway! Woo! Go us!
    By the way, I think you should change your commenting format to pop-up window like mine. It's much simpler. You just go to the settings tab on your layout and control panel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really liked your story. Like a lot. Probably because it's something I experience on a regular basis. Oh, us and our skirts and heels.

    ReplyDelete