About Me

Off to college at 17, working full time, going to school full time, trying to date, and figuring out just how to grow up without getting even crazier... One day at a time. What a blessed life!

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

The Boxes in my Head

As an explanation:
I've heard people say that there are differen't "boxes" in a person's mind. Each different box represents one thing that you could possibly focus on; a romantic relationship, schoolwork, dinner that night, etc. Supposedly girls can be in multiple "boxes" or focus on multiple things at once, while guys can only be in one, or think of one thing. I'm not sure how much I agree with that. I seem to only be able to manage one or two. Maybe I was supposed to be a boy? mmm.... no, that can't be right.

(box 1)
So, I started a new job Monday. I am now a secretary at ACAP Financial Inc. where I sit behind a desk all day and file papers and don't run errands, because I don't have a car. I'm pretty fond of it; it's easy work, but I don't know everythign I'm supposed to do, and I have to be here at 8 a.m. (that's not really that early, I just go to bed too late.)
More about that in later posts, I'm sure.


Now though, I have some things on my mind.

(box 2)
First, I'm thankful for a lot of things. Here's just a few:
  • Pain Medication (even though I don't take it almost ever, some days I just need it)
  • Family who's always there for me
  • Coloring books and crayons
  • Delicious food made from scratch.
  • Robert Owens (More about him later too, I promise)
  • The squishy thing in front of my keyboard so my wrists don't get sore from typing
  • Christmas in January
  • School's starting soon!
  • A job that I'm very lucky to have.

(box 3)
Also, Things I want to do today, or in the very near future:
  • Clean my room
  • Make fudge
  • Eat sushi
  • finish making some aprons
  • Draw a picture


(does this even count as a box?)
I don't know if I can ever see myself becoming a serious blogger, or even anybody funny enough for others to read (like cakewrecks), but I've decided it's nice to have an electronic "notebook" I can write my thoughts down in, even if other people can read it and decide to laugh at me. As long as they're laughing, it's all good


Oh, one more thing. It's a definite drawback that tone doesn't transfer over text...
I'm not as funny this way.

No comments:

Post a Comment